Request your free trial here!
Note: There are two versions of the 90 Day Sterisil Straw Trial available. S90 - for use with distilled and S90m - for use with municipal water. Please indicate which Trial Straw you need below. (Not sure of your water quality? We can help, email email@example.com to receive a free TDS strip chart.)
CONTINUOUSLY DISINFECTS DENTAL UNIT WATER LINES
The Sterisil Straw is the solution to transitioning from daily tablets to a single yearly change out. The Sterisil Straw works 365 days to continuously disinfect dental unit water lines while providing safe and clean water for your patients, staff, and dental unit. A built-in shock treatment is released upon initial install for optimum control of bacteria.
The antimicrobial bottle is available to help further suppress the growth of bacteria, algae, fungus, mold and mildew.
Simply remove your existing pickup tube and install the new pickup tube with the Sterisil Straw on the barb fitting. Distilled to good quality water is recommended for optimum product performance and dental composite bonding.
The good news
The Sterisil Straw, along with the rest of the Sterisil product line, is the ONLY dental waterline treatment product to provide an included shock treatment while also keeping bacteria reduction to <10 CFU/ml HPC bacteria. You can rest assured you will be meeting AND exceeding the EPA, ADA and CDC <500 CFU/ml guideline of bacteria reduction in dental unit waterlines.
- One year continuous use with distilled or good quality tap water
- Includes shock treatment upon initial use for optimum control of heterotrophic bacteria
- Works with any size water bottle
- Eliminates the need to empty bottles, purge and dry lines at night
- Safe for patients and clinicians
- Won’t harm dental equipment
- Does not adversely affect composite bond strength
- Maintains BioFree tubing
- Contains no oxidizers and does not dissolve amalgam
- Does not contain iodine or chlorine shown by studies to increase mercury discharge
- Easy installation fits into existing 1/4” inch tubing
- Annual replacement takes only one (1) minute, no tools required
The Bacteria Problem
How "clean" is the water in your dental unit waterlines?
The truth is dental waterlines, due to the nature of their construction, can harbor tons of microorganisms and bacteria that you would not want in your drinking water let alone your dentist’s chair. According to the Organization for Safety, Asepsis, and Prevention (OSAP), colony forming units (CFU) of bacteria can reach greater than 1,000,000 CFU/mL within a few days in dental unit waterlines (DUWL) and, believe me, when that happens, do you really want your to be spraying that water into your patient's mouth?
follow us on Social media!