LEARN HOW THE STERISIL STRAW CAN BENEFIT YOUR OFFICE
CONTINUOUSLY DISINFECTS DENTAL UNIT WATER LINES
The Sterisil Straw is the solution to transitioning from daily tablets to a single yearly change out. The Sterisil Straw works 365 days to continuously disinfect dental unit water lines while providing safe and clean water for your patients, staff, and dental unit. A built-in shock treatment is released upon initial install for optimum control of bacteria.
The antimicrobial bottle is available to help further suppress the growth of bacteria, algae, fungus, mold and mildew.
Simply remove your existing pickup tube and install the new pickup tube with the Sterisil Straw on the barb fitting. Distilled to good quality water is recommended for optimum product performance and dental composite bonding.
- One year continuous use with distilled or good quality tap water
- Includes shock treatment upon initial use for optimum control of heterotrophic bacteria
- Works with any size water bottle
- Eliminates the need to empty bottles, purge and dry lines at night
- Safe for patients and clinicians
- Won’t harm dental equipment
- Does not adversely affect composite bond strength
- Maintains BioFree tubing
- Contains no oxidizers and does not dissolve amalgam
- Does not contain iodine or chlorine shown by studies to increase mercury discharge
- Easy installation fits into existing 1/4” inch tubing
- Annual replacement takes only one (1) minute, no tools required
REGULATORY CLEARANCES (+)
- Meets and exceeds the ADA and CDC guidelines by 50 times at less than or equal to 10 CFU/ml HPC bacteria
- FDA Cleared, EST.#3005844469
- EPA Reg. No 83315-2
- EPA Est. No 83315-CO-001
- ISO 13485 certified and CE certified
Dental Product Shopper evaluation of the Sterisil Straw
How do I change out the old Sterisil® Straw for a new one?
Remove bottle. While holding down the collet at the end of the Sterisil® Straw, gently pull the ¼” pick-up tube away from the Sterisil® Straw. You are now ready to install the new Sterisil® Straw. Make sure to firmly push the pick-up tube all the way into the new Sterisil® Straw.
Why is my Straw preventing water flow and seems clogged?
If using the Sterisil® Straw for use with distilled water (S365), the use of tap water may cause contaminates in the tap water to react with the resin and precipitate onto the submicron filter hence causing the flow to decrease. It is recommended to use the Sterisil® Straw for municipal water (S365m) if using tap water. Also, please make sure the blue 1/4" pick-up tube is pushed all the way into the Sterisil Straw.
Does the type of water I use matter?
Sterisil® only recommends using distilled water for use with the Sterisil® Straw for use with distilled water (S365). Good quality tap water may be used with the Sterisil® Straw for municipal water (S365m). If you are unsure of the quality of your water, tap water should be tested first by Sterisil® to evaluate tap water quality.
Why is my bottle only emptying part way?
The blue ¼” pick-up tube is not completely fitted into the Sterisil® Straw and an air gap may exist allowing air to bypass the Sterisil® Straw. To obtain a good air seal, simply push the Sterisil® Straw completely on the ¼” tubing.
Why do I see granules at the bottom of the bottle?
If the pre or post filters inside the Sterisil® Straw have been damaged, it is possible for the resin beads to bypass the filter. Also, the life of a S90 is ninety days while the life of the S365 is one year. Replace the Sterisil® Straw as scheduled.
|S365 (replaces BR360, PT360)||365 day-Sterisil® Straw- For Use with Distilled Water|
|S365m||365 day-Sterisil® Straw - For Use with Municipal Water|
|S90 (replaces BR90, PT90)||90 Day Sterisil® Straw - For Use with Distilled Water|
|S90m||90 Day Sterisil® Straw- For Use with Municipal Water|
|BF-B||0.7-1 Liter BioFree® Bottle|
|BF-B2L||2 Liter BioFree® Bottle|